A thorough psychological assessment is useful to:
- better understand your current concerns
- provide a DSM-5 diagnosis/es (if applicable)
- identify factors that may serve to maintain problems
- find methods to help resolve problems and better cope with them
- identify personal strengths and areas of resiliency
- learn about additional resources that can be of assistance
The purpose of assessment can vary widely, but they typically consist of an interview along with standardized paper/pencil questionnaires. Once the assessment is completed, we will meet to discuss the results. A brief written report outlining the results of the assessment and recommendations will be made available upon request. If you are interested, a copy of the report can be sent to other health professionals, like your family doctor.